The Park Town Trustees were set up by a deed of management to run the Park Town Estate and protect its amenities, and were in existence by 1854. In 1857 a Park Town Estate limited company was formed to purchase part of the estate; this was wound up in 1862.
The collection consists of records of the Park Town Estate Company Limited, 1857-1861, and Trustee's records, 1853-1951, including minutes, correspondence and accounts.
The collection was deposited by the Chairman of the Trustees in 1976.Access Conditions
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/services/admissions/).
A full description is available in the Library.
Park Town Estate Co Ltd