Collection Level Description: Essex Collections of Rev. Andrew Clark
Reference: MSS. Top. Essex c. 15, e. 6/1-11, e. 7, e, 8/1-6, e. 9/1-3, e. 10/1-3, e. 11/1-13, e. 11/15, e. 12, e. 14-29, e. 29*, e. 30-41,
Title: Essex Collections of Rev. Andrew Clark
Dates of Creation: 1867-1914
Extent: 70 shelfmarks
Language of Material: eng
Andrew Clark (1856-1922) was rector of Great Leighs, Essex, and an antiquary.
Scope and Content
Essex notes and collections by Andrew Clark, including material relating to Great Leighs.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The volumes were presented to the Library by Andrew Clark, 1907-14.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a
valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the
Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol.
VI, nos. 33771-89, 35193-8, 35688-712, 36287-300, 36698-703.
Related Units of Description
- Diary of Andrew Clark (MSS. Eng. hist. e. 88-177c)
- Newspaper Cuttings Collected by Andrew Clark (MSS. Eng. misc. e. 265-329)
- Collections for the History of Jesus College, Oxford, by Rev. Dr. Andrew Clark (MSS. Top. Oxon. e. 142-3, e. 197-9)
- Oxford College Collections of Rev. Andrew Clark (MSS. Top. Oxon. d. 96-106, e. 104/1-4, e. 105/1-5, e. 109-115, e. 123/1-23,
e. 124/1-16, e. 128-141, f. 22-6)
- Hertfordshire Notes of Rev. Andrew Clark (MSS. Top. Herts. e. 1-8)
Clark | Andrew | 1854-1922 | Clergyman and Antiquary
Great Leighs (England)
Search Online Catalogues
Transformation from XML to HTML by Lawrence Mielniczuk
09 June 2011