Collection Level Description: Newspaper Cuttings Collected by Andrew Clark
Reference: MSS. Eng. misc. e. 265-329
Title: Newspaper Cuttings Collected by Andrew Clark
Dates of Creation: 1914-19
Extent: 65 shelfmarks
Language of Material: English
Andrew Clark (1856-1922) was rector of Great Leighs, Essex, and an antiquary.
Scope and Content
Volumes of newspaper cuttings collected and extensively annotated by Andrew Clark, entitled 'English words in
wartime'. The cuttings are for the most part arranged by subject. Many volumes contain indexes, of subjects,
places, persons and words.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The volumes were given to the Library by the compiler, 1915-c.1920.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a
valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the
Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 45775-839.
Related Units of Description
- Diary of Andrew Clark (MSS. Eng. hist. e. 88-177c)
- Collections for the History of Jesus College, Oxford, by Rev. Dr. Andrew Clark (MSS. Top. Oxon. e. 142-3, e. 197-9)
- Oxford College Collections of Rev. Andrew Clark (MSS. Top. Oxon. d. 96-106, e. 104/1-4, e. 105/1-5, e. 109-115, e. 123/1-23,
e. 124/1-16, e. 128-141, f. 22-6)
- Essex Collections of Rev. Andrew Clark (MSS. Top. Essex c. 15, e. 6/1-11, e. 7, e, 8/1-6, e. 9/1-3, e. 10/1-3, e. 11/1-13,
e. 11/15, e. 12, e. 14-29, e. 29*, e. 30-41, e. 43)
- Hertfordshire Notes of Rev. Andrew Clark (MSS. Top. Herts. e. 1-8)
World War, 1914-1918
Clark | Andrew | 1854-1922 | Clergyman and Antiquary
Search Online Catalogues
Transformation from XML to HTML by Lawrence Mielniczuk
09 June 2011