Christ Church, Oxford, was founded in 1525 by Cardinal Wolsey as Cardinal College; it was refounded as Christ Church by Henry VIII in 1546.
William Douglas Caröe (1857-1938) and Sir Giles Gilbert Scott (1880-1960) were architects; Caröe undertook important restoration work at Christ Church, Oxford. See the Dictionary of National Biography for further details on both men.
George Alexander Nuttall-Smith (b. 1908) was elected an Associate of RIBA in 1935, he last appears in the published list of members in 1950.
The collection includes:
Deposited in the Library by the treasurer of Christ Church in 1952.Access Conditions
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/services/admissions/).
A description is available in the Library, where there is also a card index to unpublished catalogues.
Architectural drawing | England | Oxford
Caroe | William Douglas | 1857-1938 | Architect to the Ecclesiastical Commission
Scott | Sir | Giles Gilbert | 1880-1960 | Knight and architect
Smith | George Alexander | Nuttall- | b 1908 | Architect
University of Oxford | Christ Church